Here, I keep track of the books I’m currently reading and those on hold.
- Wagner’s ‘Ring’ and its Symbols by Robert Donington O.B.E.
- Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software by Charles Petzold
- Das Boot by Lothar-Günther Buchheim
- Hagarism: The Making of the Islamic World by Patricia Crone, Michael Cook
- Les Identites Meurtrieres by Amin Maalouf
- That Doesn’t Mean What You Think It Means: The 150 Most Commonly Misused Words and Their Tangled Hi by Ross Petras, Kathryn Petras
- Discipline by Michel Foucault
- Homage to Catalonia by George Orwell
- Tales of the Dervishes: Teaching-Stories of the Sufi Masters over the Past Thousand Years by Idries Shah
- The Annotated Turing: A Guided Tour Through Alan Turing’s Historic Paper on Computability and the T by Charles Petzold
- Things to Make and Do in the Fourth Dimension: A Mathematician’s Journey by Matt Parker
- Influence, New and Expanded: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B Cialdini
- Europe: A History by Norman Davies
- Tall Tales and Wee Stories by Billy Connolly
- Other Minds: The Octopus, the Sea, and the Deep Origins of Consciousness by Peter Godfrey-Smith
- How to Read Nonfiction Like a Professor: A Smart, Irreverent Guide to Biography, History, Journalism by Thomas C Foster
- Why You Won’t Get Rich: And Why You Deserve Better Than This by Robert Verkaik
- Paradise Lost (John Milton).